Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ouchie, ouchie, ouchie!!!

Ok, I asked for this, I know I did. I asked my sister, the marine, how to get into shape, intending it to be for DH's benefit. Then, I decided I couldn't ask him to do something without doing it myself. Now I'm stuck. And in pain. Ouch!

Ok, here's what I'm doing:

First I tested to see how many sit ups and push ups I could do in a minute. 15 and 28 (girlie) respectively (my DH got 22 and 23). Now, I pyramid push ups and sit ups and work it into my daily yoga routine.

So, I warm-up. Then I do pushups (18 pushups, 10 sec rest, 23 pushups, 10 sec rest, 28 pushups, 10 sec rest, 23 pushups, 10 sec rest, 18 push ups). Then I do my main yoga routine, which seems to have gotten much harder in the past 3 days since I started on Tuesday, btw. Then I pyramid my sit ups the same way, but with 5, 10, and 15 being the groupings of sit ups.

Let's just say, this is either going to kill me or strengthen me up really quickly.

Oh, and thank the gods (or Mozilla) for the spell checker built into SeaMonkey, because I apparently can't spell after one of these tortuous workouts. My stomach hurts! My ribs and arms hurt! And I can't even say I didn't ask for it, because I did! I've also gone up 1.5 pounds in the past 3 days. I weighed myself on Sunday and I weighed in at (sigh) 243. Now I weigh in at 244.5. Hopefully, that's muscle. I hope.

Did I mention OUCHIE!!!

No comments: